Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have taken off my roll bar pads to paint them. the zippers are stiff and catchy. any suggestions on a lubricant that will restore the zipper without messing up the fabric.

thanks

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Dry silicone spray

·
Registered
‘17 JKU Big Bear
496 Posts
Cheap candle or even s crayon. I use candle on zippers for my soft top every few weeks Much smoother

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've heard people using a graphite spray, and WD-40 makes a silicone spray too that others swear by. I took to using a cube of paraffin wax on the teeth on my old soft top for the back window that was always giving me hell. Zipper function was smooth as butter after that. A good scrubbing of the teeth with a toothbrush and some mild detergent/dish soap and water before putting anything on it will help.

·
Registered
15,698 Posts
Run a white candle over the length of the zipper teeth it lubes stays on and does not cause grit to stick

Was the recommended zipper top lubricant in the owner's manual of my 1957 triumph and still a good idea 60 years later

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

·
Registered
282 Posts
I USE BESTOP ZIPPER LUBRICANT, IT Has a little brush on it, works great, its kinda thick, put it on easy and sparingly and brush it onto the zipper. It works great

1 - 9 of 9 Posts