Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently one of my zippers broke off my back window and I went to an upholstery store and they're being to difficult so I was wondering if there are kits or individual zippers that I can buy. Also any tips on how to make taking them off go smoother. All I heard before is using like a candle wax. Anything helps, I appreciate it fellow jeepers!

·
Registered
785 Posts
had a zipper broken once. used para cord to replace. it worked great. plus its cheap and easy.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If it's just the little handle thing that you pull that broke off, do what I do... Every time I go to take the windows off slip a ziptie through the little hook on the actual zipper part and use then to pull and cut it off once you put em back on so you don't have a ziptie flapping in the wind lol.

And also, wd40 works good to lube up the zippers and make go a little smoother.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Light coating on teeth. Buy a new slider, open gap enough to slip on the teeth, then crimp it closed with pliers. Just make sure it faces the same direction as the original.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you, I really appreciate it. I usually have all the windows off anyways but when a dust storm comes in it's nice to be able to close it up

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
If I get a new zipper can I just zip it right back on...? Someone know an answer to this?
Yes you can put a new slider on. You need a new slider and a clamp on stop. It's a YKK#10. Jeep Zipper Sliders Pry off the old stop, slide on the new slider and crimp on the new stop. Very easy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts