Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to sit down and write this for some time now, so here we go:

I bought and installed the 3" kit from Zone over the summer, after quite a bit of research. It arrived quickly, a couple of days before I expected it. I borrowed a set of coil compressors for installing the new coils- the instructions provided (which are also online, so you can read through before you order) did not say to use compressors, and to instead detach the lower front control arms, and also the drag link, to allow the axle to drop even farther. I did not disconnect either, as the compressors allowed me to fit the new coils fairly easily- I'd never done it before, and the energy stuck up in those things was fairly scary but it went smoothly. In fact, all of the installation went smoothly- the directions were very specific, there was no question as to which bolts went where, and the torques were all specified.

I have had the lift installed now for 3 months or so, and had no problems. All in all it was an easy install and I am very pleased, and would definitely recommend it for other people.

That said, I did have several issues:

The kit was somehow shipped without the front swaybar links. I called them up, received efficient service, they said they would look into it. I didn't hear back from them for two days..at which point I was quite irritated, and was going to call them after work. When I got home, the links were waiting for me on the front step...I was very impressed with the customer service.

The only other issue I had was with the included transfer case skid drop. The 1" drop (I think) was not enough to eliminate vibrations. I didn't (and don't) have the money to do an sye and adj. arms, although I plan to. In order to eliminate vibrations I had to drop the skid plate another 1". That's life, and I know all jeeps are a bit different so this wasn't a huge negative on Zones part. I didn't call them about it either, perhaps when they get complaints like that they send bigger spacers. I made my own.

All in all I was very happy with the product and the customer service, so good for zone.

I hope this helps other people that may be considering lifts in their future, and if anyone has comments or questions feel free to ask!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice to hear that their support is up to par. I'm also interested in the tide both on and offroad. What tires/size and wheels are you running?

·
Registered
42 Posts
What size tires are you running?

I am planning on ordering the same lift very soon....but now all this talk about 33s and BL make me wonder if I should add a 1" BL as well as the 3" Zone suspension. What exactly is your set up???

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My tires are 33x12.50x15. The front tires rubbed a bit on the front control arms, although not much. Could have fixed it either by adjusting steering stops or adding spacers, I chose to add spacers.

The jeep rides much better than stock, although two of the old shocks were pretty weak. I haven't been able to do much off road yet, but I have no complaints at all so far.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts