Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As soon as taxes get back, I'm ordering the Zone 3" SL from a local 4x4 shop here in town. Funny thing is, my 31x10.50x15 M/T tires are brand new and there is currently no need for new tires. (Plus finances). Im just curious, will this lift look "ok" with the tires I have until its time for new ones? Or am I going to be rolling a Jeep around on tonka tires after im done? If you have a set up like my soon to be, will you post pictures so I can get a good look? I really wanna see this lift on some TJ's

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
It'll look just fine...heck, i ran essentially a 4.25" kit with 32's and flat fenders for a while before i upgraded more and ran a set of 35's...you'll be fine.

here was my rig when it had 32's and a 3" lift:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It'll look just fine...heck, i ran essentially a 4.25" kit with 32's and flat fenders for a while before i upgraded more and ran a set of 35's...you'll be fine.

here was my rig when it had 32's and a 3" lift:

Thats actually a really nice set up... might be a stupid question for you, but I see your shocks are "Up side down". Is there really a purpose for that? or looks? Was curious earlier when I went to the shop here in town and saw another one the same way. (New to the lifting world)

·
Registered
79 Posts
As soon as taxes get back, I'm ordering the Zone 3" SL from a local 4x4 shop here in town. Funny thing is, my 31x10.50x15 M/T tires are brand new and there is currently no need for new tires. (Plus finances). Im just curious, will this lift look "ok" with the tires I have until its time for new ones? Or am I going to be rolling a Jeep around on tonka tires after im done? If you have a set up like my soon to be, will you post pictures so I can get a good look? I really wanna see this lift on some TJ's

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Mines right around 3" of suspensions on 31s i went 31s so i didnt have to regear the 4cyl. It doesnt look bad but leaves the wheel well pretty open

Attachments

·
Registered
351 Posts
check out myjeeplj.com, you can choose lift size and tire size to view the combinations. I've used it several times and should be great for future reference.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
check out myjeeplj.com, you can choose lift size and tire size to view the combinations. I've used it several times and should be great for future reference.
It doesn't look excellent but it doesn't look bad either. I think ill be fine until I need new tires. Thanks kevin!

·
Registered
351 Posts
I ran 29.5s on 3" of lift for about 5 months, looked horrid. 31s don't look all that bad, but I like the look of 32s a little more (which is what I have now.)

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Thats actually a really nice set up... might be a stupid question for you, but I see your shocks are "Up side down". Is there really a purpose for that? or looks? Was curious earlier when I went to the shop here in town and saw another one the same way. (New to the lifting world)
Thanks, man...i prefer my current setup over this one but i definitely like 32's with a 3" lift instead of stuffing 33's under there. It just depends on how the shocks mount. These shocks could only mount this way which is how they're installed. Does that make sense? Not really a benefit/negative to either mount.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, man...i prefer my current setup over this one but i definitely like 32's with a 3" lift instead of stuffing 33's under there. It just depends on how the shocks mount. These shocks could only mount this way which is how they're installed. Does that make sense? Not really a benefit/negative to either mount.

Ok, makes sense. the myjeeplj.com helped too. Thank you all so much. once the kit is installed I'll come back here and show some pictures

1 - 10 of 10 Posts