Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,390 Posts
Just curious what size are on it now?

looks real good and I can't wait till mine is back from the doctor.... The suspense of the 8.8 install, regear, and 3 inch lift is killing me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
67 Posts
Is that the Combo lift or just suspension lift? It looks great either way!

I was just curious because I just ordered a combo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
526 Posts
This is a very dumb question but did you lift the jeep in your garage? How long was the installation? I'm pulling the plug and ordering the 4.25" zone lift and I got a buddy who works as a service tech at a jeep dealership and he agreed to help me install the lift kit and use the their lifts at work on his day off. The only thing is, I'm afraid we might not finish in time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
391 Posts
Looks great! I'm already having a bit of "lift regret" with my 2" BB....it's so subtle that I kinda wish I gone with 3". :/ What size are your current tires?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ddx77 said:
Is that the Combo lift or just suspension lift? It looks great either way!

I was just curious because I just ordered a combo.
No its just the lift, actually gained about 3.5 inches all the way around. I know it looks like it drops bad in the pic but it doesn't look that bad in person. The lift was super simple to install with all the right tools which I have in my garage. Took about 10hrs total time with me working by my self. The tires on it now are 31x 10.5, going to find some new rims then gonna put some duratrac 33x12.5 on it. Will have to see if he lift levels out and if it doesn't will get some spacers to do it. Thanks for the comments everyone
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
did you have to get a cv shaft or a sye or have to drop the transfer case? because I'm looking to get this same lift for my 2006 tj. I emailed zone they said I don't need a cv shaft or sye but other people on this forum said I do told me I do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
ddjeeper said:
did you have to get a cv shaft or a sye or have to drop the transfer case? because I'm looking to get this same lift for my 2006 tj. I emailed zone they said I don't need a cv shaft or sye but other people on this forum said I do told me I do.
You don't need a sye or cv shaft nor a tc drop. Do a mml and you will be fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
How big of a mml like 1"?
Thats the only size they have unless you make a custom one. You might want to add a 1-1.25bl so you dont have to mod the fan shroud
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
CMA_Rider said:
Thats the only size they have unless you make a custom one. You might want to add a 1-1.25bl so you dont have to mod the fan shroud
Yeah I've thought about getting a body lift but I've always been told to stay away bc they put stress on the body
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,171 Posts
Yeah I've thought about getting a body lift but I've always been told to stay away bc they put stress on the body
as long as you dont go over a 1.25bl you'll be fine
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
497 Posts
I have this lift and 5 brand new 33x12.5 km2s sitting in my garage in dying hopefully I can get it on this weekend. Would love to see more pics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
759 Posts
CMA_Rider said:
as long as you dont go over a 1.25bl you'll be fine
Well I'm trying to save as much money as I can but still do everything I can right without cutting corners you know. I'm not sure what a fan shroud is, what would be involved in a mod to it?
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top