Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to order my zone kit next week. My question is does the front sag a lot with a winch? Would u suggests additional spacer or is it really not needed?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I am going to order my zone kit next week. My question is does the front sag a lot with a winch? Would u suggests additional spacer or is it really not needed?
Depends on the weight of front bumper and winch. I would expect 1/2" give or take

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
that's kinda what I was thinking as well. Would it hurt any to put a 1/2" spacer on with it?

It's really personal preference. (It does not sag that much.) Some will add it to make the front appear level with the rear. But then add rear seat passengers and then the rear is lower than the front...which looks really goofy to me.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's really personal preference. (It does not sag that much.) Some will add it to make the front appear level with the rear. But then add rear seat passengers and then the rear is lower than the front...which looks really goofy to me.
ya I never thought about that. I prob won't worry about adding them.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
photobucket is a on a maintenance break so I can't upload my picture of my jeep but I would get the spacers. with the added weight of a winch and bumper it will sag. I want to get me some for my jeep. with the added weight of all the stuff you add to your jeep expect it to sag a bit, rear bumper, spare tire, front bumper, winch, LEDs an all kinds of extras.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got my lift delivered today! Any little tips or tricks that can help make the install easier? I've read about using the pb blaster for a few days in advance but anything else? I currently have a 3 in body lift. Could I do the SL parts 1st or do I need to change out the BL 1st?

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I know the instructions advise to do the BL/MML first, but I did the springs/shocks/trackbar bracket/bumpstops/links on day 1 and the BL/MML on day 2.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have the Combo kit, with a Smittybilt XRC front bumper and SRC rear bumper, with tire carrier. The back is a little lower than the front and it looks strange. But once I add the winch I think it will be level.

Depends a lot on what options choose for the bumpers, etc.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Finished installing my lift today. It was a pain sine it had a 3 in BL on it I had to remove. Anyways took it for a drive around the neighborhood tonite. It's all over the road. Hopefully the front end alignment tom will fix that. Looks great now though. Much happier!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will give that a shot. Have drive line vibes now. Do I need grade 8 washers to use to lower my skid plate?

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have the Zone combo on mine. It required skid drop along with MML to stop my vibes. It seems Jeeps with a Dana 44 rear are more susceptible to vibes from this lift than Jeeps with the Dana 35. At least in my experience and readings on various forums. It's a nice kit for the money, though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts