Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there running it and if so how do you like it?

·
Registered
221 Posts
X2. this is the kit that im looking to get and would love to hear what experiences people have with it. from what i understand all i would need to add is a adjustable tracbar.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Have been running this for quite a while and have had zero problems with it. Pleanty of clearance for my 33's and flat fenders. No need for SYE. MML gives me no drive line vibs or anything.

Now don't take me not having vibes as gospel. There have been others who said the MML did not work for them and they either had to do the TC drop or both. Each Jeep is different.

X2. this is the kit that im looking to get and would love to hear what experiences people have with it. from what i understand all i would need to add is a adjustable tracbar.
You wont "NEED" and adjustable tracbar since the destructions say to drill a hole in the axle mount to relocate the OEM bar. I opted for a RE Adjustable one and welded a washer over the original mounting hole because I thought where the hole needs to be drilled would create another point of failure. The bolt for the new TB is smaller in diameter than OEM so by welding the washer there I was able to reuse the stock mounting hole.

Only difference between then and now is new tires (same Truxxs AT's) and now have an AntiRock on it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Have been running this for quite a while and have had zero problems with it. Pleanty of clearance for my 33's and flat fenders. No need for SYE. MML gives me no drive line vibs or anything.

Now don't take me not having vibes as gospel. There have been others who said the MML did not work for them and they either had to do the TC drop or both. Each Jeep is different.

You wont "NEED" and adjustable tracbar since the destructions say to drill a hole in the axle mount to relocate the OEM bar. I opted for a RE Adjustable one and welded a washer over the original mounting hole because I thought where the hole needs to be drilled would create another point of failure. The bolt for the new TB is smaller in diameter than OEM so by welding the washer there I was able to reuse the stock mounting hole.

Only difference between then and now is new tires (same Truxxs AT's) and now have an AntiRock on it.
Looks great! did you go with the standard or nitro shocks? also how were the zone discos?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just put zone 4.25" lift on this week. Instructions were pretty straight forward but did take longer then expected, good thing I had a lot of time on my hands since my power was out and my school was closed because of sandy. So far I've taken a couple of test drives with it, it drives great on highways and back roads. I can't wait to test it offroading.

Attachments

·
Registered
526 Posts
Nice! I'm debating wether to get the zone 4.25" combo lift or the zone 4" suspension lift. I know I will need a SYE to run the 4" suspension lift but I believe I can get away with a transfer case drop bracket until I get a SYE.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just wondering because i have an 05 unlimited and i have had this same lift sitting in my garage for about 6 months now. I just installed new 31's (actually measure closer to 32) last week and i was considering just installing the SL without the BL for now until i wear out the 31's. I already bought the new 4:88 gear sets so I could throw the BL, gears and a set of 33's on once i wear down the 31's. I dont think it will look to out of proportion since my current tires measure closer to 32.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just put the 4 inch zone on my 98 sahara and it rides pretty good for the price I guess. A little better than the old 2 inch spring lift that was on it when I bought it 2 weeks ago. I didnt want to get the 4.25 cuz I didnt want to mess with the body mounts.

·
Registered
526 Posts
I just put the 4 inch zone on my 98 sahara and it rides pretty good for the price I guess. A little better than the old 2 inch spring lift that was on it when I bought it 2 weeks ago. I didnt want to get the 4.25 cuz I didnt want to mess with the body mounts.
Did you install a SYE? Or did you just run with the transfer case drop bracket? I'm interested in going that route too..

·
Registered
9 Posts
krazykeith said:
I had no trouble with the body lift. It was just lifting one side of the body and adding spacer then doing the other side.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i have a 4.25" combo lift and i did not need an sye. So far it has performed very well in my local trails. Especially at hollister hills, i went through almost all the obsticles from frame twister to stair climb.
see my build below on my signiture area for the exact details

·
Registered
13 Posts

Can you tell me what bumper that is? I like it.

And hey all, first post and first jeep as of last friday:D

I will be getting this lift too, in a few weeks, so this info is good to have

·
Registered
536 Posts
Looks great! did you go with the standard or nitro shocks? also how were the zone discos?
The standard shocks. They work fine I didn't opt for the hydros...Might be going to a totally different shock all together.

No disco's either. Couldn't see spending the extra money for them when I was going to the Anti Rock. I did make my own discos though out of old hood pins. They worked fine for the 3 weeks I had them on. :whistling:
Passenger

Driver

I had lost the original bar bin for the driver side so I used what you see. Held fine and was like $8. Only thing I should have done with them was put one nut on the inside of the lower bracket and the other on the outside with a lock washer. That way when I did disconnect the mounting pin did not come out. :facepalm:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Can you tell me what bumper that is? I like it.

And hey all, first post and first jeep as of last friday:D

I will be getting this lift too, in a few weeks, so this info is good to have
Welcome aboard and congrats on the new jeep.

It is a knock off of the Smittybilt. I got it here: Jeep Wrangler TJ YJ Front Rock Crawler Bumper 87 06 Rock New 2X D Ring | eBay

Also got the mathcing rear bumper with tire carrier:
87 06 Jeep YJ TJ Wrangler Rock Crawler Rear Bumper Tire Carrier 2" Hitch | eBay

Rear bumper.

·
Registered
3,547 Posts

Are all of your lower and upper control arms stock?

·
Registered
536 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts