Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 01 wrangler with a zone 4.25" lift with the 1" motor mount lift and still have a vibration how do you determine how much to drop your transfer case. Thanks

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
When does your vibe show up? Is it on take off, or as you get faster? If it's just on take off, check the condition of your transmission mount. If it is at higher speeds, try dropping the t-case by a couple of washers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Also did you do an alignment after the lift was installed?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It shows up at higher speed I put 1 washer in already. So do you think I should add 1 more? And yes I have done a alignment

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I have two washers on each bolt on mine. This pic probably has 3 washers.

·
Registered
397 Posts
It shows up at higher speed I put 1 washer in already. So do you think I should add 1 more? And yes I have done a alignment
The only vibes I had with mine were a incorrect toe-in, and wheel balance

·
Knows a couple things...
49,417 Posts
What may be easier is just to add enough washers so you get 1/2" of t-case drop which should get rid of any remaining vibes. If you have the energy later, you may remove a washer or two to see if you can get rid of some of the drop without causing the vibes to return.

Whether or not a 1" motor mount lift, t-case drops, etc. get rid of vibes entirely depends on what rear axle you have, what transmission, etc. you have since all of those affect the driveshaft length. The shorter the rear driveshaft, the more susceptible it is to vibrations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts