Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
I have a 2000 wrangler tj and was planning on buying the zone 4 inch lift listed below:
Zone Offroad 4'' Suspension Lift Kit for 1997 2002 TJ Wrangler | eBay

If i were to get this, my plan was to put 33s on my jeep but is there anything else i would need to do for it like regearing, axles, and lockers(not really sure what these are) ?
Regearing depends on what gearing you have now. You could probably get by without regearing, but your Jeep won't be running as efficient (might notice some power loss). Lockers certainly aren't necessary, but they will help you immensely if you choose to wheel it.

Have you looked into a SYE (slip yoke eliminator)? Most jeeps lifted over 4" will need something along these lines to keep from getting vibes when driving. If you don't want to shell out the extra coin for a SYE, look into the Zone 4.25 combo lift. It has a 3" lift and 1.25" body lift that will still allow you clear 33s without needing the slip yoke.

I've done my research on these forums and decided on doing a 3" lift plus a body lift to clear 33s once I have the coin together mainly because I don't have enough to do the slip yoke and I won't be wheeling it too aggressively.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will probably just go with the 4.25 combo zone lift then. and when i have money posssible regearing. will i need extended brake lines or anything down that line?

·
Registered
230 Posts
The SYE is a good idea. Depending on what gears you have now you probably don't have to regear, it would drive better and help the tranny. I would lift, put tires on it, and go get dirty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts