Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting my first lift and was originally looking at RC 2.5" but kept thinking I would eventually want bigger at some point. Anyways, reason why I ask about the Zone lift was because it came with the adjustable track bar, coils, shocks and exhaust extension all for a super reasonable price and want to know if the have quality Parts. I am rolling on 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's and stock 16" rims.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
Flex is determined by the amount shock travel.
Look at the MC kits with Long travel OME shocks for example. A 2.5" lift with 11" travel shocks will blow away a improperly setup 4-5" kit.

The Zone kit looks decent but I don't care for the use of cam bolts/plates for pinion/caster angles (if you're going to wheel the jeep). I'm not seeing the shock specs .. That's important to know.
At 4" you're going to want to run exhaust spacers up front or a aftermarket DS. If not soon .. Later on a rear DS. Also recommended steering geometry correction at that height (especially on a 2 door.

Honesty, if you are staying with a 33" tire and want to lift it. A 2.5" coil lift is more then enough.
A 33" tire will fit under a JK stock with wheels that have 4.5-less backspacing.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I am looking at getting my first lift and was originally looking at RC 2.5" but kept thinking I would eventually want bigger at some point. Anyways, reason why I ask about the Zone lift was because it came with the adjustable track bar, coils, shocks and exhaust extension all for a super reasonable price and want to know if the have quality Parts. I am rolling on 33" Dick Cepek Mud Country's and stock 16" rims.
Selecting a lift kit because it contains a lot of parts for a reasonable price more often than not leads to poor ride quality, handling and failure of other parts. The suspension system is the foundation of your Jeep so you should use quality parts. The taller the lift the more important this is. Neither RC nor Zone are ideal choices. What is cheap today will be expensive and frustrating in the long run.

Instead consider the Rancho or Rubicon Express lift kits. If you are limited on budget then go with a spacer lift which allows you to retain the quality factory coils and only moderately alters steering geometry.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Like everyone is saying 4" is a pretty big lift for 33's. You could use our 1.5" lift and a set of bilstiens and have about as much if not more travel then then a 4" kit.

RK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts